Year One 2020 – 2021
- Class Teacher – Mrs Broadhurst, Teaching Assistant- Mrs Noden. Mrs Begum will also support you on Monday afternoons.
- Arrival – between 8:45 – 9.00 and must be collected at 3.00-3:10
- Our class entrance is the Y1 door and on arrival you will wash your hands and you will wash hands regularly throughout the day.
- You will be provided with your own writing materials in a pencil case and you must look after this carefully.
- Bring your book bag to school every day and we will change reading books on Mondays and Fridays (Books that have been sent home will be quarantined before we use them with another child).
- Read to an adult at home as often as possible and practise reading and writing your tricky words.
- Bring a water bottle to school every day.
- PE kit to be worn to school on Wednesdays and Fridays please. Black/navy shorts/joggers/leggings. White T-shirt, black/navy hoodie or tracksuit top, trainers.
- The timetable has been organised so that children will be able to follow a full curriculum while staying in their class bubble. Most learning will be through our Learning Challenge Curriculum while we are using White Rose Maths. We will be working hard to ensure that children catch up on any missed learning.
- You won’t be able to have any discussions with me directly at the school entrance because of social distancing protocols, but I will update the class webpage with any important information and if you have any urgent questions you can contact me through the office.
This half term our topic will be about animals and humans and you should have received an information sheet
Year 1 Learning during periods of self-isolation
For each day that your child is at home self-isolating, they need to continue with their learning using materials that we have provided in a paper pack and/or using the online resources listed below.
Please ensure that your child does this amount of learning every day. Your child will fall behind others in the class if they do not complete home-learning for every day they are still at home. (If your child is poorly they must rest).
Reading ( 10 – 15 minutes) Online books available – Oxford Owl or own reading books
class login: horton2 password: yellow
Maths (about 30 minutes) Online lessons available – National Oak Academy
English (writing/grammar/handwriting/spelling) (about 20-30 minutes) – Practise reading and spelling phase 2 and phase 3 tricky words in your exercise book provided. Practise simple writing sentences with these words. Online learning also available on BBC Bitesize
Logon to the class website every day for updates and links to other activities. Children will sometimes be set activities on purple mash.
Your child has logins for Purple Mash (stuck on exercise book in pack). Please use the exercise book for any learning.
If you need any advice please email the school on firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Useful Websites
For all areas of the curriculum Purple Mash – You have your logins in your packs to access many areas of the curriculum.
Phonics – Phonics Play
MATHS- White Rose Maths – Videos to support worksheets (White Rose Maths Videos link) Click on the links below for the daily lessons.
Art – ArtforKidsHub
PE PE with Joe – The Body Coach Join your children in a 30 minute exercise class and have some fun.
Oldham Sports Development Lessons – Oldham Sports Development Youtube Channel
Dance – Music Express
I hope all stay safe and well. Please do get in touch if you have any questions.