At Horton Mill we believe strong partnerships between children, families and school staff are essential. These partnerships underpin everything we do, so that ‘together’, we really can make a difference to the lives of our children and families.
We value the contributions and views of all of those involved in making these partnerships work and appreciate that a wide and exciting range of skills, qualities and attitudes emerge through a successful partnership that helps to support improvement in our school.
Our School Family Room
Our parents / families will:
- Make sure that their child attends school on time each day.
- Encourage their child to make good choices.
- Encourage their child to value learning and school.
- Send their child to school with the right uniform and PE kit.
- Make sure that their child completes Home Learning activities to a high standard.
- Support their child’s learning where possible.
- Share with us issues that may affect their child’s learning or behaviour.
- Get involved in school life as much as possible, e.g read Newsletters, attend Parents’ meetings and support / attend activities we run.
Our children will:
- Be kind and helpful.
- Use good manners.
- Listen carefully.
- Be a good learner.
- Look after our school.
The adults in school will:
- Always try their very best to support every child and family.
- Provide high quality teaching and learning opportunities.
- Keep our children safe.
- Provide a positive environment that enables our children to learn, grow and develop.
- Support every child.
- Share with parents their child’s progress and achievements.