The aims of the mathematics curriculum at Horton Mill School are:
- To set pupils appropriate and challenging learning activities and give them the opportunity to learn in ways that maximise their success.
- To create a stimulating and exciting mathematical environment in which to work.
- To promote an understanding of mathematics within real life situations.
- To ensure that pupils have access to a broad and balanced mathematical curriculum.
- To develop the correct use of mathematical vocabulary and language.
- To guide and support children when they face specific barriers to progress.